Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weekly Reads: Just One Day

  Just One Day is by one of the author's I'll get to meet when I'm in NYC. WHOOP! I've read If I Stay by Forman, and enjoyed it, and had heard good things about Just One Day. As soon as I started it, I couldn't stop reading it. I wanted to book a ticket to Europe asap. Talk about a major case of wanderlust! The love story was also enjoyable and fairly realistic. I hate books that are super predictable and that wasn't the case with this one. Great read and I can't wait to read the sequel: Just One Year.

My rating: 4.5 stars

Summary from goodreads:

Allyson Healey's life is exactly like her suitcase—packed, planned, ordered. Then on the last day of her three-week post-graduation European tour, she meets Willem. A free-spirited, roving actor, Willem is everything she’s not, and when he invites her to abandon her plans and come to Paris with him, Allyson says yes. This uncharacteristic decision leads to a day of risk and romance, liberation and intimacy: 24 hours that will transform Allyson’s life.


A book about love, heartbreak, travel, identity, and the accidents” of fate, Just One Day shows us how sometimes in order to get found, you first have to get lost. . . and how often the people we are seeking are much closer than we know.
  

No comments: