Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bemidji Blue Ox Marathon Training Recap Week 8

I started off the week, Monday with a hilly run. It was supposed to be 8 miles, but I was really having troubles breathing. I finally realized that I had a rib out of place that was causing my breathing to be so laborious. Ugh.

I had Kyle crack my back Monday night and took my first full breath of air in days. It was magical.

Tuesday I was all set to race a 5k. Except we all know that turned out to be a 3k. I did some warm up and cool down mileage to get my mileage to 6+ miles for the day.



And then Wednesday I woke up with some insane hamstring tightness in my left leg. Because you shouldn't race a 2 mile cross country race in the middle of marathon training. Lesson learned. I rested, foam rolled, ibuprofened, stretched.

And repeat Thursday.

Friday I was all set to do 8 miles because my leg finally felt ok. Yes, I am probably overly cautious at the mere possibility of injury, but being on again/off again injured for 4+ years will do that to a runner! I was all ready to go, water bottle in hand, glute and hip stretches and strengthening done, and out the door when my stomach decided it was NOT happy. I figured it would pass, but I was pretty miserable the rest of the night.

Sunday was supposed to be my long run day, but magically Kyle had the day off from work, so I decided that sleeping in and spending the day with him was more important than a long run. I hope I don't kick myself for that decision on October 11th, but man, sometimes life trumps running


The good news is that my legs should be amazingly fresh this week, so I should be ready to knock some mileage out of the park! And next week is my half marathon, or B goal race of this cycle, so there's no opportunity to shuffle around training runs. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look at you! I get adjusted by a chiropractor regularly, especially during a training cycle. It has killed me not to get adjusted post baby, but the movements would have hurt my incision! I should be able to go back soon CAN'T WAIT! Good job choosing life. Finding a balance will keep you happy in training.